It’s Not Hard To Go Paperless
There seems to be a resentment or fear of going paperless. But you are going to have to do it, per government mandates, so why not start small? Start with getting rid of your junk mail and go forward from that point. The easiest thing to do is assign a person to specific paperless tasks. As an example, 1 person could be in charge of junk mail, another in charge of organizing and training for recall (by email), another in charge of inventory, another in charge of patient records and most importantly bills, (another blog) This blog is only about Junk Mail one of the banes of our existence, but can be eradicated with a little time and effort.
Did you Know?
- 100 Million Trees are cut down each year for Junk Mail
- Americans recieve more than 4 Tons of Junk Mail per year
- 44% of Junk Mail goes into land fills unopened.
- 28 Billion Gallons of Water wasted
- $320 Million of Taxpayer Dollars spent disposing of Junk Mail-
What you Can Do
- Take the time to write to each of the companies listed below and request to be taken off their mailing list.
- Take the time to write to each of your ‘clubs, frequent flyers credit cards, and request to be removed from their list.
- Take the time to write a letter to each vendor and request to be removed.
- Return to Sender unwanted junk mail (RETURN TO SENDER, REMOVE FROM LIST)
- Mark Your Mailbox: Do Not deliver 3rd Class Mail (Domestic Mail Manual Sec D 042)
- Refuse any junk mail: Write Refused on the envelope
- Send it Back- in their already stamped envelopes. – put nothing in it!
- Junkbusters: provides links and information on getting rid of junk mail as well as faxes and telemarketing
- Do Not Mail :You can sign a petition here to end junk mail. Similiar to Do Not Call
- EcoFuture: Great site, with lots of resources., includes a ‘Form letter; to send to companies.
- Direct Mail : There is a section to sign up to take your name off the lists
- Catalogue Choice . This website will allow you to sign up and select what catalogues to recieve or not recieve,
- 41 lbs: Provides goo source of who to call and write.
- Green Dimes : Free Service to get rid of junk mail
- Stop the Junk Mail : Not Free, but they claim they can get rid of 90% of junk mail
Here’s a Great Video on how to get rid of Credit Card Offers
Heres A Video on Getting Revenge (very Funny!)
Addresses to write to:
1001 W. Walnut Street
Compton, CA 90220-5191
List Service Dept.
239 West Service Rd.
Hartford, CT 06120
(they send Mailbox Values® coupons
Attn: Customer Service Opt Out
1120 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036-6700
901 West Bond
Lincoln, NE 68521
Harte Hanks (Pennysaver or Potpourri)
2830 Orbiter St.
5711 S. 86th Circle
Omaha, NE 68127-0347
P.O. Box 2000
Conway, AR 72033-2000
9393 Springboro Pike
P.O. Box 933
Dayton, OH 45401
National Demographics & Lifestyles (generates lists from product warranty cards)
Customer Service Department
1621 18th Street, #300
Denver, CO 80202
Return the actual envelope label from a Valpak mailing, signed and dated. Sending the envelope label with the standardized address will ensure ValPak enters your address in their suppression file exactly as received:
Val-Pak Direct Marketing Systems
8575 Largo Lakes Drive
Largo, FL 33773
Some similar posts for you to read: