Alexandria, VA – August 19, 2018 — Opticians and Contact Lens Technicians can experience OptiCon @ Vision Expo for the first time at Vision Expo West 2018 (Education: September 26 – 29; Exhibit Hall: September 27 – 29) in Las Vegas, NV. Vision Expo’s partnership with OptiCon brings the industry’s premier Optician and Contact Lens Technician education program to the largest gathering of eyewear and eyecare professionals.
At press time, more OptiCon @ Vision Expo packages have been sold as of six weeks pre-show for Vision Expo West than were sold by the close of Vision Expo East.
“We are thrilled that OptiCon @ Vision Expo West is trending ahead of Vision Expo East, which we considered to be a great success,” said Mitch Barkley, Vice President of Trade Shows at The Vision Council. “OptiCon @ Vision Expo has become a destination for Opticians and Contact Lens Technicians to experience networking, education and the ultimate buying experience, all at an affordable price.”
Building on a strong debut at Vision Expo East 2018, OptiCon @ Vision Expo West attendees can expect access to a personalized and value-based experience package, including:
- Up to 15 hours of continuing education
- Exclusive breakfast and general session on Thursday, September 27, 7:00 AM – 8:15 AM
- OptiCon welcome party at Public House on Thursday, September 27, 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM, sponsored by Europa Eyewear
- Exhibit Hall access
- Access to discounted rates at a dedicated OptiCon hotel
- The opportunity to take ABO & NCLE review courses and Certification Exams (Please note that sitting for Certification Exams requires a separate registration and an additional fee.)
Opticians and Contact Lens Technicians can connect in a dedicated OptiCon @ Vision Expo Hub in the Exhibit Hall (Booth #16093), an area for networking with peers and access to key representatives from ABO & NCLE and its partners. The OptiCon Hub will also feature:
- Thursday, September 27 at 2:00 PM: A presentation on eyewear’s hottest trends from Eyecare Business’ Editor-in-Chief Erinn Morgan
- Friday, September 28 at 11:00 AM: The National Academy of Opticianry Awards Ceremony, which will honor outstanding leaders in the eyecare profession with the Educator of the Year and Optician of the Year Awards
- Friday, September 28 at 1:30 PM: A presentation on eyewear’s hottest trends from Eyecare Business’ Associate Editor Kerri Ann Raimo
In addition, the OptiCon @ Vision Expo Advisory Board has curated top education picks for attendees in the areas of Business, Contact Lens and Spectacle Lens.
“The first year of the OptiCon @ Vision Expo program has been a great success and has provided tremendous value to attendees,” said James M. Morris, ABO & NCLE Executive Director. “Through this partnership, twice a year, we are able to provide attendees with expanded educational and networking opportunities on the industry’s most expansive and exciting show floor.”
ABO & NCLE began producing OptiCon® (formerly known as the National Opticians Education Conference) in 2009 to bring together Opticians and Contact Lens Technicians for a premier event produced for Opticians, by Opticians.
Earlier this year, OptiCon @ Vision Expo was honored as a TSNN Best of Show Award finalist.
About Vision Expo
Vision Expo East and West, the worldwide conferences and exhibitions for eyecare and eyewear, are trade-only events that draw more than 30,000 eyecare professionals each year. Co-owned by Reed Exhibitions and The Vision Council, Vision Expo gives back to the entire ophthalmic community. Proceeds are used by The Vision Council to educate consumers about the importance of vision care and the options in eyewear and other related products. In 2017, The Vision Council reached millions of consumers with its messages through marketing materials, public relations outreach and strategic partnerships. Vision Expo is a proud supporter of Think About Your Eyes, a national public awareness campaign, presented by The Vision Council and the American Optometric Association, designed to educate the public on the benefits and importance of getting an annual comprehensive eye exam. Keep this viral campaign going! Sign up at enroll.thinkaboutyoureyes.com. For more information, visit VisionExpoLV.com.