Vision Expo announces the new Corporate Optometry Panel that will bring together industry thought leaders from Costco, Luxottica, MyEyeDr., NewGradOptometry, Visionworks of America and Walmart Vision to discuss the range of business models that optometrists can practice in corporate optometry today. Titled “Pathways to Leadership in Corporate Optometry,” the event will be held during Vision Expo West. Sponsored by Luxottica and Visionworks of America, attendees will also enjoy an opportunity to network at a cocktail reception immediately following the panel.
Details on the “Pathways to Leadership in Corporate Optometry” Panel are as follows:
- Date: Thursday, September 27, 2018
- Time: Panel to take place from 4:30 PM to 5:15 PM; cocktail and networking reception to follow from 5:15 PM to 6:00 PM
- Location: NewGradOptometry + CovalentCareers Booth No. 23087
- Registration: No registration is required to attend the panel and reception, but attendees must be registered for Vision Expo
- Moderator: Jim Muniz, Director of Training and Development at DigitalOptometrics
- Artis Beatty, OD, Chief Medical Officer at MyEyeDr.
- Chris Cordero, OD, Director of Professional Relations at Walmart Vision
- Matt Geller, OD, Founder and President at NewGradOptometry.com, co-founder at CovalentCareers
- Rupe Hansra, OD, Vice President of Operations Services at Visionworks of America
- Denise Mogil, Director of Professional Services at Costco
- Carl Spear, OD, Senior Vice President of Eyecare at Luxottica
The panel will gather optometrists with differing perspectives and years of experience, all of whom hope to motivate tomorrow’s leaders and stimulate respect for optometry in the corporate realm.
“Throughout the year when our team is meeting with different corporate leadership teams, the common theme of educating and developing their teams, students, and young professionals continues to come up,” said Joanne Mohr, Event Director at Reed Exhibitions. “I am glad that we have a platform at Vision Expo to work with this panel of dynamic industry leaders and talk about how this mode of practice can develop optometrists into business owners.”
Panelists Chris Cordero and Denise Mogil of Walmart Vision and Costco, respectively, will offer unique perspectives in corporate optometry. With Costco including vision benefits for its members, and Walmart operating approximately 3,400 vision centers, both multinational corporations are key players in advancing the optical industry.
MyEyeDr. is committed to providing full-service eye care without insurance limitations. Artis Beatty will represent MyEyeDr. and its role in the ever-changing healthcare world.
As it maintains more than 700 locations in 40 states and Washington, D.C., Visionworks of America—to be represented by Rupe Hansra—has become one of the largest retail optical chains in the United States.
“Pathways is an exciting leadership development opportunity that is geared toward Corporate ODs who aspire to be the best,” said Hansra. “Where ODs tend to struggle as practice owners is not so much on the clinical side, it is more so on transforming their thinking to that of the Practice CEO. True competency-based leadership development makes the Pathways seminar unique to Vision Expo and Visionworks.”
Furthering the panel’s multifaceted presentation, Carl Spear of Luxottica will bring to the table his role of growing an internal community of optometrists and the company’s vertically integrated business model that has pushed its presence in corporate optometry to the forefront.
Additionally, panelist Matt Geller of NewGradOptometry.com and CovalentCareers has devoted his career to supporting young professionals in healthcare. Geller’s experience aiding individuals seeking employment, through founding both NewGradOptometry and CovalentCareers where the panel will take place, has given him a unique look into the corporate world.
To register for Vision Expo West (Education: September 26–29; Exhibit Hall: September 27–29) visit VisionExpoLV.com and join over 90,000 followers on Vision Expo’s social media channels on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.