It is the end of the year and it’s clean up Facebook Time! That means clean up all the groups that people automatically have added you to. To see all your group Click that little ‘more‘ icon on the left sidebar under groups and you will most likely be surprised at the number of groups that you are involved in.
Optical and Eyecare Forums are a wonderful way to interact with peers, find out new information, ask for opinions and recommendations, find and sell new equipment, jobs, marketing, management, health issues. I know I learn a lot from forums and think they are extremely helpful.
Eyecare Forums have grown and there are hundreds of optical forums from all over the world. Most of the Forums are Private/Secret or Closed. If you want to participate you will have to send each a message to ask to be included.
We have complied a group of Forums that we subscribe to and visit on a regular basis: This list does not include your state and local trade societies.
- Designer Glasses/Sunglasses; Don’t know much about this group.
- Luxury Eyewear Forum– A forum featuring Luxury Eyewear products and the eyecare retailers who carry them.
- Optical Porn: Site led by Paul Garcia, Scott Balestreri. Devoted to Eyewear Designers, indie and unique eyewear. Welcome new members that love eyewear.
- The Eyewear Bar: Started by Jody Schuler, this is another forum about indie eyewear. Fairly new forum.
- The Eyewear Forum Led by Maarten Weidema from the Netherlands. This forum features eyewear designers, luxury eyewear, store build outs, point of sale materials and more. This site is primarily in English.
- Eyewear Dealer2Dealer: This forum was just taken over by Maarten Weidema. It was created to help eyecare professional finding a specific frame.
Lab And Eyewear
- Ask The Lab Guy: Started by Scott Balestreri, so we know this is a unique, controversial discussion on opticianry, learning, lab work, frame design and whatever else Scott decides to introduce.
- Wholesale Lab Managers and Opticians plus Greg Bevill is an admin
Marketing And Sales
- Eyecare Marketing; Run by marketing maven, Dan Feldman. This forum is about marketing, social media, branding and a little humor.
- Opticians And Optometry Managers For The Independents
- Practice Independence Run by Sara Witt, Cary Herzberg, Matthew Herzberg and Paul Levine.
- OD’s On Facebook: Run by Alan Glazier. The gamet of topic runs from health, supplier news, marketing, sales, human resources, vendors and you name it and you find it on this site. The largest site has over 20,000 members. Not just for ODs, vendors, opticians, MD’s and staff and all encourage to participate.
- California Nevada and Hawaii Run by Van Rue, place to post updates, job opening and more.
- Gulf Coast Optical Professionals Run by Van Rue, place to post updates, job opening and more.
- Midwest Optical Professionals Run by Van Rue, place to post updates, job opening and more.
- Northwest Optical Professionals Run by Van Rue, place to post updates, job opening and more.
- Optical Professionals of Texas Run by Van Rue, place to post updates, job opening and more.
- Optometrist : Run by Nikhil Opto
- OptiBoard Facebook and Opti-Board Forum. The longest running forum for Eyecare professionals.
- Opticians On Facebook Run by Colleen Galanti, this site is for opticians only. Can post optical questions, jobs and more.
- Professionals Opticians of Florida
- Eye Classifieds : Classified Ad for eyecare professionals.
- OptiForum- Run By Vision Systems: General Optical Discussion, buy and sell used equipment, section for lab technicians. For Opticians, Optometrists, Ophthalmologist, optical and eyecare staff, lab technicians
- All About Vision (not a forum, but wonderful consumer website, that you can share.
- Orto-K Group
- Wellness in Optometry; Run by Walter Mayo.
Important Pages To LIKE