Thousands of contact lens cases go into landfills every year. In order to keep that non-Biodegradable plastic out of landfills we have come up with a few ways that you can reuse or up-cycle contact lens cases. The best thing you can do is continue to reuse within your patients. Cleaning and sterilizing old contact lens cases is a very, very good thing.
To learn how to make the above go to evilmadscientist.com
- Estimated 38 million contact wearers in the USA- that’s a lot of cases going into landfills
Top 11 Ways to Re-use and Re-Purpose Contact Lens Cases
- Use to store small things like pins, small screws and parts
- Use as a pill box
- Call Contact Lens company and see if they can reuse.
- Use to carry small amount of Vaseline for chapped lips
- Use for small paint containers.
- Use the lids as small checker pieces or other lost game pieces.
- Use for hair gel in the purse or car
- Use as salt and Pepper shakers
- Use to store small earring (especially if travelling)
- Paint and Paste on the wall as an artwork (great insulation as well)
- Use to make and advent calendar
- Fix your Lipstick Bullet (see YouTube Video)
- Store ear plugs
- Store hearing aid batteries or small batteries