Small Business Saturday racked up sales of $14,300,000,000 on Saturday November 29, 2014. That is an average of $162 per shopper. Eye Care Professionals can take advantage of this important date to promote their products and services via Buying Local and #Shop#Small and #SmallBizSat
American Express wants to help the small business grow during the holidays. They offer FREE marketing tools to all small businesses. Eyecare professionals should and can synergize with other small businesses as well as American Express to promote buying local and small. Some important statistics that you can promote starting now and put on your website is:
- Small businesses donate on average 250% more to non-profits in communities.
- Small local businesses are the largest employer nationally and provide the most jobs to locals. In fact, Small businesses create seven of every ten new jobs that are created according to the House Committee on Small Businesses. Small businesses account for 39 percent of the nation’s GDP.
- Studies have shown that when you buy from an independent, locally owned business, more of the money spend with independents goes toward benefiting the community as a whole. For every $100 spent at locally owned businesses, $68 stays in the local economy compared to only $43 if spent at a national chain, according to a Civic Economics study on Grand Rapids, Mich. in 2008.
What You Can Do:
- Start promoting with signage in your office in October. The stores start promoting Christmas in October.
- Start promoting via Social Media in October.
- Join together with other local small business and do cross promotions.
- Join together with other local doctors and medical personnel and offer package programs.
Promotional Ideas For Small Business Saturday
- Get Rid of inventory: Take your ‘Go Away’ Frames and put them on sale.
- Offer FREE tints and or other coatings.
- Give-Away an Eyeglass Repair Kit, cleaners or special microfiber cleaning clothes.
- Have a #Small #Business Trunk Show
- Offer Big Discount on 2nd and Third Pairs.
- Offer ‘Gift With Purchase’ Programs.
Our advice- Go to their website NOW and Facebook page (and you do NOT have to have an American Express Card) and download the free resources and marketing materials. (Shop Small) Start now, so you can maximize the next four weeks of promoting Small Business Saturday.