I can’t believe we are coming into the 3rd quarter and the biggest shopping days of the year. In the next three months, you have Halloween, Thanksgiving and the Yuletime. Plus,
Flex Benefits, plus all those students will be getting vision referrals. Starting with Halloween, it makes it a perfect time to start communicating with your patients on gifts, products and health.
One of the crucial things that you can communicate about on Halloween is the importance of getting their Halloween Contact Lenses from a professional eyecare provider. Cheap contact lenses can be bought at swap meets, but they can also cause blindness, corneal ulcers and more eye injuries.
- The Halloween Industry is $5-7 Billion dollar business
- The average adult spend $65.00 on Halloween.
- In Canada, Halloween spending accounted for approximately $1.15 billion in sales in 2006.
- The average cosmetic lens purchaser for Halloween is over 21 years of age and can wear the lenses responsibly
- Halloween spending break down: $21 for candy, $12 for cards and $38.50 for Halloween decorating is also a big industry, second only to Christmas. Unity Marketing says decoration sales grew 21 percent to $3.2 billion in 2006 over 2005.
- According to Marietta Vision the sales of theatrical, and dramatic contact lenses can add $30,000 to your pocketbook
- After Christmas Halloween is the most commercially successful holiday
How can you capitalize on Halloween? .
- Decorate your office with Fun Halloween decor
- Offer a discount on Best Costume/Pumpkin, Makeup.
- Partner with local Halloween and Resale Shop. Give the shop your cards and or ‘Theatical Contact Lenses Posters’
- Set your office as a safe location for Trick or Treating.
- Set up Video camera to play Michael Jackson Thriller video, spooky contact lens video
- Put up posters announcing you have ‘FDA’ approved and safe Halloween Contact Lenses for sale.
- Notify your patients that importance of approved theatrical contact lenses for Halloween
- Have your customer post their Halloween costumes and pumpkins / make up on Facebook
- Have a Halloween Eyewear Contest
Fun Video on Halloween Contact Lenses for Zombies