Again, I can’t believe it’s St. Patricks Day coming up and of course it’s time to GO Green in the eyecare dispensary. Millions of people globally celebrate St. Paddy’s day by wearing green, drinking green beer, parades and more.
That said, St. Patricks Day is a great opportunity for marketing your eyecare business. There are many things you can do from Trunk Shows, special prices on green eyewear or contact lenses, discounts for Irish or just serving green cookies in your office. Even free giveways such as these shamrock eyeglasses are a cute item. Beistle – 33612-50 – Shamrock Eyeglasses – Pack of 50
St. Patricks Day Trivia
- St. Patrick was said to use the Shamrock to explain the Holy Trinity
- St. Patricks Day became a public holiday in Ireland in 1903
- The First St. Patricks Day Parade was held in 1931 in Dublin
- In the USA the first St. Patricks Day Parade was organized by the Irish Society on March 17, 1737
- New York’s first Saint Patrick’s Day Parade was held on 17 March 1762 by Irish soldiers in the British Army
- Seattle and other cities paint the traffic stripe of their parade routes green. Chicago dyes its river green and has done so since 1961 when sewer workers used green dye to check for sewer discharges and got the idea to turn the river green for St. Patrick’s Day but it last a few hours. Indianapolis also dyes its main canal green. Savannah dyes its downtown city fountains green. Missouri University of Science and Technology – St Pat’s Board Alumni paint 12 city blocks kelly green with mops before the annual parade. In Jamestown, New York, the Chadakoin River (a small tributary that connects Conewango Creek with its source at Chautauqua Lake) is dyed green each year.
- The smallest notable parade World’s Shortest St. Patrick’s Day Parade, is said to take place in Hot Springs, Arkansas in the United States annually held on historic Bridge Street which became famous in the 1940s when Ripley’s Believe It or Not designated it “The Shortest Street in the World.”
I love these Doggie T-shirts for Go Green Day: Maybe have a St. Patricks Day dog contest, bring Your Dog dressed in Paddy Wear! St. Patrick’s Day Dog Shirt – “Lucky Dog” Irish Dog Tank Top – Medium
No matter what you decide to do, it’s a fun holiday and an opportunity to bring in new patients and potential patients into your eyecare office and have a little fun with the rest of the celebrators.