Alexandria, VA (Sept, 2015) – The Vision Council announced an expanded slate of market research today with the launch of its newest member benefit report, VisionWatch Canada. This latest report, modeled after The Vision Council’s VisionWatch Europe, includes in-depth overviews on market areas such as:
- Canadian Rx Eyeglass, Contact Lens, OTC Reader, Plano Sunglass, Rx Sunglass, Sunglass Clip and Refractive Surgery markets
- Average price paid for eyewear in Canada
- Canadian eye exam market
- Overview of United States optical market quarterly trends, and how that relates to the Canadian market
- Characteristics of Canadian vision correction users
- Optical product purchasing incidence in Canada
- Eyewear purchases in Canada by major market channel
“Industry research and data analysis are critical to running a successful business,” said Mike Daley, CEO of The Vision Council. “From consumer opinions to international trade figures, The Vision Council’s research programs offer a unique view on the optical industry, and we’re thrilled to bring the benefits of these programs to our members working in the Canadian market.”
Today’s launch event, which took place at the Hyatt Regency Toronto, also featured overviews of The Vision Council’s initiatives and a dedicated Optical Industry Sales Session presented by Mike Karlsrud. Photos of the event are available upon request.
Serving as the global voice for vision care products and services, The Vision Council represents the manufacturers and suppliers of the optical industry through education, advocacy and consumer outreach. By sharing the latest in eyewear trends, advances in technology and advice from eyewear experts, The Vision Council serves as a resource to the public looking to learn more about options in eyeglasses and sunglasses.