If this day, World Laughter Day doesn’t have a ton of possiblities, what day could! Thanks to Madeleine of Optique of Denver who sent us this reminder! World Laughter Day is May 1 and I would shout it out to your customers, patients and staff.
Health Benefits of Laughter are so numerous, it it one of the best things you can do for your mind and body. While more studies need to be done, studies so far have shown that laughter can help relieve pain, bring greater happiness, and even increase immunity. Positive psychology names the propensity for laughter and sense of humor as one of the 24 main signature strengths one can possess, and laughter yoga clubs are springing up across the country. Read on for more findings about the health benefits of laughter, and see how to incorporate more humor and fun into your life. (Source About)
- Laughter relaxes the whole body. A good laugh relieves physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes after.
- Laughter improves mood, it is difficult if not impossible to be in a bad mood while laughing
- Laughter boosts the immune system. Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving your resistance to disease.
- Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain.
- Laughter protects the heart. Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problem
So get some jokes out, check out YouTube, email your customers something funny on World Laughter Day and if you are really daring, have a Laughing Yoga Class during lunch or after hours.
Taking care of your health, doing something simple is one of the most eco-Friendly and sustainable things you can do this Earth Month