New computer game helps users improve oculomotor control, build stable and accurate eye movements required for effective reading
WASHINGTON, June, 2017 — RightEye LLC, a leading technology innovator using eye tracking to revolutionize patient care and vision performance, today announced the launch of RightEye Maze Master™, a computer game that helps users gain better control over movement of one or both of their eyes. Maze Master works in conjunction with the RightEye Reading Test™, launched earlier this year, to improve the oculomotor skills deficits that may be impairing a person’s reading.
“After reading disorders are identified, appropriate interventions and training games are extremely important to enable users to improve their performance and gain essential reading skills over time,” said Barbara Barclay, president of RightEye. “With Maze Master and RightEye’s other training games, educators, optometrists and vision therapists can not only identify reading disorders, but also apply a therapy or training that will improve performance over time, avoiding the frustration, learning difficulties and behavioral challenges often associated with misdiagnosis, or, without the application of therapies proven to produce improvement.”
Maze Master helps users train their eyes and improve oculomotor function by requiring their gaze to stay within maze-like lines. To play, users move one or both of their eyes through a maze, “popping” numbers encountered within the maze upon seeing them with their eyes. As the game progresses, the mazes grow narrower, while the numbers grow more plentiful, making the tasks more challenging. As users progress through the various levels, the movements they create with their eyes build more stable and accurate motions, including those that mimic the movements necessary for reading.
When combined with the RightEye Reading Test, Maze Master can help improve reading skills for students of all ages and reading levels.
RightEye Maze Master is available for purchase through the company’s cloud-based platform, which is available to customers with the purchase of a RightEye Complete 3D Eye-Tracking System.
Other testing and training software programs available through the RightEye system include:
- RightEye Neuro Vision Tests™ – a two-minute set of tests that help health care providers objectively understand the severity of a patient’s brain injury and better monitor recovery over time.
- RightEye Essential Vision Tests™ – a comprehensive category of binocular vision tests that take only a few minutes to complete and provide a faster, more accurate and robust way to implement binocular vision screenings around the world, identifying issues critical to learning, athletic performance and quality of life.
- RightEye Performance Vision™ – a set of vision tests to help athletes and defense forces by assessing visual strengths and identifying areas of vision that can be improved to enable them to reach maximum performance levels.
- RightEye GeoPref Autism Test™ – an internationally recognized eye movement test, acquired from researchers at the University of California, San Diego’s Autism Center of Excellence, that has been clinically proven to more accurately and objectively identify autism in children 12 to 40 months old.
- RightEye Reading Test™ – a revolutionary tool for educators, optometrists, and specialists to noninvasively identify oculomotor issues and reading disorders in students of all ages.
- RightEye Vision Training Games™ – additional gaze-interactive games that combine the thrill of gaming with eye-tracking technology to support rehabilitation from traumatic brain injury and eye-movement disorders, and deliver vision training for athletes and the military.
RightEye LLC is a health technology company using eye tracking and gaming to revolutionize healthcare and vision performance through an innovative, new kind of vision test. RightEye helps health care providers assess concussions, eyesight, brain and reading disorders, and performance issues in patients by following a science-based, metric-driven methodology. Using a cloud-based platform, RightEye generates reports within minutes to give doctors an objective, measurable way to view the quality of a patient’s vision and track the success of remedies such as vision therapy. RightEye customers include nationally recognized optometrists, hospitals, rehabilitation facilities, emergency rooms, professional sports teams and the U.S. military. For more information, visit www.RightEye.com and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.