New designers and over 5,000 brands headline the top eyecare event in the Americas.
Alexandria, VA – March, 2017 – International Vision Expo East, taking place at the Javits Center in New York, NY (Education: Mar. 30-Apr. 2; Exhibition: Mar. 31-Apr. 2), has announced the addition of pop up fashion shows and celebrity-hosted trend presentations to its lineup of fashion-forward programming, reminding visitors why Vision Expo is the destination for eyewear visionaries.
With four “moving” fashion shows presenting a troupe of models walking the show floor – wearing chic black outfits, wild hair and makeup, and the season’s hottest statement glasses and sunglasses – Vision Expo is bringing emerging designs and boutique eyewear to the forefront all day Friday, March 31. For one day only, the troupe will turn the show floor into a runway as they feature the latest eyewear found right in the exhibit hall, culminating at the Bryant Park Lounge with a celebrity emcee sharing the latest eyewear trends in colors, shapes, details and lenses. The fashion show schedule is 10:30 am, 12:00 pm, 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm, with the last fashion show of the day ending with a champagne toast.
- 10:30 a.m.: COLORS – super bold, colorful frames in neons, pastels, neutrals, and more
- 12 p.m.: SHAPES – out-of-the box silhouettes
- 2 p.m.: DETAILS – embellishments, patterns and prints, cut-outs, matte finishes, and more
- 4 p.m.: LENSES – mirrored, tinted, gradient, patterned lenses (sunglasses only)
For the first time, Vision Expo East is bringing attendees a New Designer Gallery offering an elegant and fresh environment for emerging designers to distinguish themselves in a curated destination in the Madison Square Park Lounge. Representing the individual aesthetic of up-and-coming designers, attendees can find modern silhouettes, colors and textures that offer a fresh take on the latest eyewear trends, designs and collections from designers including IMD SRL, Groover Spectacles, Crossky International, Hillman, Eyevan 7285 and 35/139 Tokyo, among others.
Attendees will also have access to a full slate of fashion-focused education, including:
- Interactive Pop Up Talks taking place in The Galleria Lounge, allowing participants to learn about various topics in fashion, business and social media. This is ideal for influencers, buyers, retailers and trendspotters who want to get up-to-date information from leaders in the eyewear industry in less than 30 minutes.
- An invitation-only Boutique Buyer Panel, with suppliers and buyers representing the uber chic and aspirational high-end eyewear category. Attendees can discover the opportunities with these products and strategies for curating a high-end inventory, pricing and positioning strategy and luxury sales tactics for success.
- Fashion and innovation-focused CE sessions designed to give attendees insight and ideas on how to source suppliers that meet their unique needs, set a pricing and promotion strategy, and build the inventory and experience that will keep customers coming back for more.
To learn more about Vision Expo, or to register, visit visionexpoeast.com.
ABOUT THE INTERNATIONAL VISION EXPO & CONFERENCE
International Vision Expos, the worldwide conference and exhibition for eyecare and eyewear, are trade-only events that draw more than 30,000 eyecare professionals each year. Co-owned by Reed Exhibitions and The Vision Council, International Vision Expo gives back to the entire ophthalmic community. Proceeds from International Vision Expo are used by The Vision Council to educate consumers about the importance of vision care and the options in eyewear and other related products. In 2015, The Vision Council reached millions of consumers with its messages through marketing materials, public relations outreach and strategic partnerships. International Vision Expo & Conference is a proud supporter of Think About Your Eyes, a national public awareness campaign, presented by The Vision Council and the American Optometric Association, designed to educate the public on the benefits of vision health and promote the importance of getting an annual comprehensive eye exam. Keep this vital campaign going! Sign up at enroll.thinkaboutyoureyes.com.