And yet another Who Knew? November 21 is National Gingerbread Cookie Day. As far as I am concern since Gingerbread cookies use ginger, which is really good for you, that means Gingerbread cookies are good for you and thus OK to eat.
- Ginger has been used for centuries in ceremonial, medical and culinary capacities.
- It is thought that gingerbread was brought to Europe in 992 by a monk and used to treat indigestion and upset stomachs.
- The first known recording of Gingerbread men was from Elizabeth I, who made up Gingerbread men to look like her guests.
- Originally Gingerbread houses were made to be a source of news. In the 1500’s rolled dough had the news and was displayed in shop windows.
- ‘you can’t catch me I’m the gingerbread man!” was a line that published in an 1875 issue of St. Nicholas magazine in the United States.y
- In 2001 at the Mall of America the world’s largest gingerbread house was 67 feet tall and decorateds with 1800 Hershey bars, 1200 feet of Twizzlers, 100 pounds of tootsie rolls, 100 whirly pops and other assorted candy.
- In 2009 The largest Gingerbread man ever made was created in 2009 and weighed 1,435 lbs.
Personally speaking, I try to ingest ginger almost every day. One of the easiest ways to ingest ginger is to buy the root, shave it and add to water which is kept in the fridge. Just pour as you go. Others many add to smoothies, tea, coffee and any other foods actually. The health benefits of ginger are numerous read more at 10 Health Benefits of Ginger