We at OVS are constantly trying to think of new ways to get patients and potential patients in your doors. The other night a bulb went off again! We have a mutual friend who went to her beauty salon for a ‘Special Curly Hair’ night. This 2 hour event cost her $20.00 to attend but she received a free wash and style and a coupon for $20.00 off products.
Coincidentally, in the LA Times on Feb 15th had an Article ‘Let’s Make a Deal- What price beauty? As salons and spas work to keep clients coming in, it might be less than you think.’
The article talks about how inventive the ‘beauty’ business has gotten with the belt tightening economy. The following are some of their creative ways to get and keep the customer by offering some freebies!
- Donation Only Services- for those who can prove they are unemployed
- Free trims between visits to existing clients
- Freebies- at home facial kits for clients who buy facials.
- Free Haircuts- for those who agree to get something new
- Free Haircuts- limited numbers on certain days of the week.
- Free Makeup Nite-(selected nites)
- Free Massages- with purchase of products
- Free Microdermabrasions- to walk in clients showcasing microdermabrasion techniques.
- Discounted Highlights- on certain days of the week
- Additional Treatment- for those who book a spa or salon services
- Pay what you Can services to the unemployed
- Free waxing service- (writer’s guild)
We were thinking, perhaps some of the ideas above might be good for your business. Free Eye Exam for the unemployed, Free UV coating for the unemployed, discounts off selected frames- some type of promotion or a monthly event that keeps your patients coming in. Why let them go to CostCo or Sam’s Club if they are worried about costs? Why let them put off for tomorrow when they can do it today?