Alexandria, VA – December, 2016 – Numerous innovative programs have been added to the education curriculum at International Vision Expo East 2017, taking place at the Javits Center in New York, NY (Education: Mar. 30–Apr. 2; Exhibition: Mar. 31–Apr. 3). Registration is now open for the industry’s most comprehensive continuing education program, held steps away from the largest exhibit hall of eyewear and eyecare products in the Americas.
“Vision Expo East 2017 features over 300 hours of continuing education, including 20 specialty tracks,” said Mark Dunbar, OD, FAAO, Co-Chairman, Conference Advisory Board. “Attendees have access to endless program choices developed and delivered by the industry’s most prestigious lecturers, which is just one of the reasons why 99% of eyecare professionals attending say they gain valuable insights at International Vision Expo that will have a positive impact on their practice.”
The attendee-favorite Global Contact Lens Forum returns as a “meeting within a meeting”, with a new format offering direct access to thought leaders discussing the future of the contact lens practice, along with the latest advancements and critical business strategies.
The Ocular Surface Disease and Wellness Symposium will teach attendees how an ocular practice can mirror a preventative care model to better diagnose and treat patients, and the expertise needed to recognize dry eye diseases.
“Vision Expo is noted for its diversified curriculum applicable to all eyecare providers, covering the latest hot-topics,” said Ben Gaddie, OD, FAAO, Co-Chairman, Conference Advisory Board. “This year, we are excited to unveil an innovative collaboration with the biggest name in technology. As the global hub for the eyecare industry, we’re bringing attendees a high-value experience throughout all four days.”
New education programs at International Vision Expo East 2017:
- The all-new Vision Series format allows attendees to continue learning over lunch while industry leaders address the latest clinical innovations.
- Building on its success and high demand from Vision Expo West, Vision Expo East will host a new, expanded Scleral Lens Track including a hands-on workshop. Attendees will gain a thorough understanding of the scleral lens fitting process and advanced problem solving techniques.
- Attendees will learn from the next generation of industry leaders at the Intrepid Talks, where members of The Intrepid Eye Society present on the advancement of optometry covering topics related to future medical therapeutics/delivery platforms, diagnostics, collaborative care models, practice development and more.
- New Blue Light sessions present everything from the latest research findings to the basics of blue light—both indoors and outside—and how to communicate this critical information and offer the best solutions to patients.
- The new Practice Owner & Manager Essentials program will focus on the business side of optometry for doctors and key decision makers, including strategies doctors need to grow business.
- The newly created, retail-focused Manager’s ‘To-Do-List’ mini-track features actionable takeaways attendees can immediately implement.
Additionally, Vision Expo has partnered with Google and Marketing4ECPs to share techniques to optimize technology to grow business. More details will be announced in January.
To learn more about Vision Expo, or to register, visit visionexpoeast.com.
ABOUT THE INTERNATIONAL VISION EXPO & CONFERENCE
International Vision Expos, the worldwide conference and exhibition for eyecare and eyewear, are trade-only events that draw more than 30,000 eyecare professionals each year. Co-owned by Reed Exhibitions and The Vision Council, International Vision Expo gives back to the entire ophthalmic community. Proceeds from International Vision Expo are used by The Vision Council to educate consumers about the importance of vision care and the options in eyewear and other related products. In 2015, The Vision Council reached millions of consumers with its messages through marketing materials, public relations outreach and strategic partnerships. International Vision Expo & Conference is a proud supporter of Think About Your Eyes, a national public awareness campaign, presented by The Vision Council and the American Optometric Association, designed to educate the public on the benefits of vision health and promote the importance of getting an annual comprehensive eye exam. Keep this vital campaign going! Sign up at enroll.thinkaboutyoureyes.com.