June 27, also known as National Sunglasses Day! The Vision Council capitalized on the occasion by promoting the importance of ultraviolet (UV)-protective sunwear to consumer-facing media and consumers, reminding them that wearing sunglasses is not only fashionable, but also a health necessity to protect their eyes from long- and short-term damage from the sun’s UV rays.
As a result of its efforts in 2016, The Vision Council has secured more than 586 million online, broadcast and social media impressions for National Sunglasses Day 2016. A few notable placements, among many others to date, included:
- Online: TheHuffingtonPost.com, People.com, Parade.com and WWD.com
- Broadcast: “TODAY with Kathie Lee & Hoda,” “NBC New York,” “Fox & Friends” and “Fox 2 News: The Nine”
- Instagram: Posts via the pages of Vice President of the United States Joe Biden, popular celebrities like fashion designer/TV personality/author Whitney Eve Port, actress Mandy Moore and actress/vocalist Lea Michele, as well as those of renowned media outlets like Cosmopolitan, “The View” and Town & Country.
- 40 online placements, garnering more than 416 million impressions Top online placements include: Examiner.com, TheHuffingtonPost.com, SportsIllustrated.com, Yahoo.com and Vogue.com, among many others
- 469 broadcast placements, garnering more than 20 million impressions Top broadcast placements include: “TODAY with Kathie Lee & Hoda,” “Fox & Friends,” “Fox News,” “Weather Channel” and “GOLF,” among many others
- 107 social media placements, garnering more than 149 million impressions Top social media placements include: celebrity Instagram posts from Joe Biden, Lea Michele, Pitbull, Victoria Beckham and Whitney Eve Port; publication Instagram posts from Billboard, Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Marie Claire and People; and sports team Instagram posts from ESPN, the New York Yankees, the New England Patriots, the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Carolina Panthers, among many others.