The latest National Retail Federation’s Halloween Consumer Spending Survey, by Prosper Insights & Analytics reported that total spending on Halloween in 2015 should reach $6.9 Billion.
- $2.5 billion on store-bought, homemade, large and small costumes.
- 68 million Americans will dress up this Halloween
- 20 million pet owners will dress up their pet.
- $74.34 average person will spend
- $27.33 average on costumes
- $1.2 billion Adult Costumes
- $950 million on children’s costume
- $350 million on pets
When Do They Start Shopping?
- 34% will start shopping before first week of October
- 40.9% will start in the first half of the month
- 25% will wait for the final weeks of October.
Where they get inspiration
- 31.4% will to to costume shops and retail stores
- 13.3% will get inspired by Pinterest
What They Will Do
- 93.7% Halloween shoppers will buy candy, spending $2.1 billion
- 67% will hand out candy
- 43% will dress in costume.
- 33.5% will buy greeting cards, spending $330 million.
- 44.8% will decorate their home or yard
- 41% of people planning to carve pumpkins
- 31.5% will have or attend a party
Halloween is always a fun time, whether you like to dress up or not. Get your Freddy Kruger on and start scaring up some fun Trick and Treats for your patients and staff.