Pew Research just came out with a new study on the frequency of Social Media Use. Taken in September of 2014 the findings are interesting and a good marketing tool for eyecare professionals. If you are questioning if your Facebook is working, whether you should try another Social Media Platform and looking at better and or niche target marketing, take a look at some of the latest statistics.
Interesting to Note:
- Over 50% of online adults are using tow or more social media sites. (2013 stats= 42%)
- Over 50% of online adults 65+ are using Facebook (31% of all seniors)
- Over 53% of young adults (18-29) are using Instagram. Of those 53%, 49% use Instagram Dails.
- 50% of online users with a college education are using Linked IN.
- 42% of online Women use Pinterest.
- 23% of adult internets uses Twitter
Facebook number of users is not growing. Of note, the 30-49 years old are declining, yet the 65+ are increasing. If you want to capture the 30 year old, consider another platform.
Twitter is growing, especially among men and the 65+.
We have seen more and more followers on Pinterest, many are Eyecare Providers.
What would be interesting as to how this survey stacks up against your patients.
Read the full Survey Here on Pew Research