Every year, Shirley and I give back 10% of our net profits to a charity. I know many eyecare professionals both wholesale and retail have the same give back philosophy and run their companies with that in mind. As we come into the holiday season, I hope we each take the time to give not just to receive. Here are a few examples of what some eyecare professionals do to give back during the holiday season:
Is giving back important to the consumer?
- More Canadians Enjoy Feeling Good About Giving to Charity (87%) than Receiving Presents (81%) During the Holidays
- Three Quarters of Canadians Want to Be Conscience Shoppers (77%) and Feel Responsible for Taking Action to Protect Children from Child Labour (75%)
- Eight in Ten (82%) Canadians Say It’s Important to them Personally that Canada Helps Improve Child and Maternal Health in Developing Countries
- Seven in Ten (70%) Americans Plan on ‘Giving Back’ This Holiday Season
- More than eight in 10 Millennials (81%) expect companies to make a public commitment to good corporate citizenship, according to Horizon Media’s Finger on the Pulse study.
Southwest Eyecare– (Minnesota) 3 Weeks of Giving- Do you know someone that would benefit from the GIFT OF SIGHT? A friend, a family member, someone from church, a neighbor, or someone from school? Nominate them! Southwest Eye Care is going to surprise 1 person a week, for the next 3 weeks, with the gift of sight. Southwest Eye Care will donate an eye exam and $150 towards eyeglasses.
Advanced Eyecare Professionals had a 12 Days of Giving on Facebook- Did I hear a jingle jingle? AEP’s 2nd Annual 12 Days of Giving begins at Midnight! This year our team would like to donate a 100.00 to your charity of choice OR our services including an exam and a free pair of glasses or annual supply of contacts to you or a family member. Just like and share our page for a chance to win. If you would like AEP to donate to your charity please include link in the comments-
AEP’s 12 Days of Giving 2nd award recipient is St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital..may they find the cure for every child deserves to live a healthy life
- Crowdrise is an Online Fundraising Website
- Vision Care Charity has a Series of Articles about Eyecare Professional Fundraising Events