Wake Forest Family Eyecare has an interesting Website, of which I found this Incredible Infographic on Eyewear Investment. Since I get asked several times a month on this very question- Why Do Glasses Cost So Much, thought I would share this infographic, as this is their response to the eternal question of Why do Glasses Cost So Much. Listed below is what I tell my friends, what do you tell your patients, tell us in your comments below.
My answer to friends and family is this:
- If you are buying a designer brand, you are also paying for the licensing fee which can be from 3-10% of the cost.
- You are also paying for the free eyeglass case, cleaning cloth
- You are also paying for quality
- You are paying for warrantees
- The type of lenses you purchase will also be included in the pricing.
- The coatings, scratch coat, UV, AR so important you will be most likely paying extra for or are included in the price.
- You are paying for the education and skills of the optician, paraoptometric, optometrists, ophthalmologists and all staff.
- You are paying for the personal attention, the customer service to get eyeglasses fixed, adjusted
- You are paying for eye health
I also ask, why do Mercedes cost so much? How much do you pay for your shoes?