I am going to preface this post, I am pretty much writing this for myself, because I wanted to know and our headers suck. Does anyone else feel the same way? Anyone else in a quandary about our Facebook Business Page Covers?
The issues are: Does it reflect the brand, how often should we change it, what should we put up… are we changing too often or not enough? The Experts say every two weeks is optimal but at least one time a month. If you are not at that point yet… at least change it seasonally.
If you are not changing it enough, here are some things to consider:
- Your Facebook Page is one of your top source of advertising. It can reach thousands of people. It is your virtual billboard.
- Your Facebook Page is one way you can stand out. Does your Header stand out above the crowd? A study by HubSpot showed that photos on Facebook pages received 53% more likes than the average post.
- When you update your Header, it shows in the timelines and newsfeed of your followers.
- Great way to highlight new products and or services.
- Great way to keep your content fresh and updated .
Helpful Hints on Facebook Covers. Reminder please review Facebook Rules and Regulations regarding what you can and cannot do.
- Your cover Header has to tell a story. Whether is it a season, new products, remodeling, weather and health and or holidays. For a list of marketing events please see our Marketing Event Calendar for 2015.
- Pictures are important, the more pictures you use, the more the likes and engagement.
- Use your own pictures, all images are subject to copyright laws.
- Keep text to minimum. People do not read anymore.
- Cover Size is: 851 pixels wide by 315 pixels tall.
Now that we know we all need to change our business Facebook pages more often. Got that.. now we have to learn how to make it work better for us.. another post!
More information is available here.