It is kind of amazing how many people despite our recession go out to eat, especially for lunch. People that go out to lunch have every excuse as to why they do, I don’t have time to prepare, I don’t cook, no place to eat…. Even more amazing how ‘broke’ these people are, yet a simple thing like taking your lunch to work saves big money.
- 1/3 of all workers leave the office to buy food
- The waste from lunch alone amounts to enough disposable cups and plastic utensils to more than circle the equator every workday.
- 10% of all the waste produced by an office is food.
- A disposable lunch creates between 4-8 ounces of garbage every day.
- Bringing lunch from home saves more than 10 Billion pounds of trash.
- In 2008- Americans spent more than $110 Billion on Fast Food
A few more reasons to Brown Bag It:
- Eat healthier, no more junk food.
- Less food waste, as you can re-heat last nites dinner rather than throwing it away.
- Catch up with reading and personal stuff
- Save money on gas
- Better eating habits lead to better productivity and less drowsiness.
- Save time, no driving to lunch, no waiting in time.
- Eating healthy, walking during lunch.. lose weight..
How Much can You Save?
- Brown bagging can save you from $1000- $2000/ year.
- Count gas, wear and tear on the car, how much would you save if you brown bagged it and took a walk?
Try as a eco- friendly and healthy alternative to brown bag everyday for a month. Take your $5-$10 saving per day and stick it in a special account and watch your savings grow. Have a staff challenge or even challenge your patients to brown bag it.