Wearable Technology and Google Smart Glasses updates and snippets for the week of May 6 though today. Biggest news! Google Glass after all that hype
and still in beta mode is going public with their google glass. Other Smart Glasses are ramping up and coming onboard.. More apps, more laws… it will be interesting over the next year as most of the products come out of beta testing.
- Surgeons in Devon trial smart glasses in theatre BBC News The voice-activated glasses, designed by Google, are worn like spectacles but contain a video camera, a tiny display and can connect to the internet.
- Raleigh optometrist makes prescription lenses for Google Glass WRAL.com Raleigh, N.C. — The staff at Eye Care Associates in Raleigh has been making eyeglasses for a long time, but optometrist Dr. Artis Beatty believes a …
- Google Glass costs US$152.47 to make, but now on sale to public for US$1500 Siliconrepublic.com Google Glass has gone on sale to the US public for US$1,500, but global information company IHS has revealed the cost to produce the smartglasses ..
- Trade Mark Lessons Learnt from Google Glass Director of Finance online … Registry has initially refused an application by Google to register a trade mark for the stylised word GLASS in relation to its wearable smart glasses.
- Google Glass Violates Privacy Guardian Liberty Voice Smart glasses offer consumers the ability to observe, scan and record the world around them in a package that was previously the realm of spy tech.
- Citrix testing business apps on Google Glass PC Pro So far, most of the apps for the smart glasses have been consumer focused, such as tools to snap photos and receive notifications. Chris Fleck
- Google Glass Gets Foursquare, TripIt and OpenTable Apps Mashable Google Glass just got a whole lot more useful for travel. … This set of apps emphasizes one of the main areas where smart glasses can be truly useful:
- EpiCrystals develops laser source for smart glasses Optics.org Smartglasses and other augmented reality devices, such as Google Glass and the upcoming Oculus Rift, project visual information into the wearer’s …
- Epson Moverio BT-200 smartglasses now shipping for whopping $700 TweakTown The Epson Moverio BT-200 augmented reality smart glasses can now be purchased with a $699.99 price tag, and while the headset may not be …
- Samsung Gear Glass smart glasses launching in September? What Mobile Following yesterday’s announcement that Google Glass is finally going on … We had previously reported on Samsung’s smart glasses in April when …
- Samsung Gear vs. Google Glass: Company’s Device Mimicks Tech Giant’s Connected Eyewear Headlines & Global News- According to Business Insider, Samsung plans to unveil the gadget at Berlin’s IFC technology conference on Sept. 5. Samsung told Business Insider
- New Meme Smartglasses May Save Your Life States Chronicle meme smartglasses Recently we presented you with Memi, the smartbracelet for women. If you remember, we said that the beautifully designed piece …
- New smart glasses warn when you’re fatigued Engadget Many people know that they should take breaks when they’re fatigued, but actually recognizing that worn-down state is tricky; it’s all too easy to push ..
- The History of Wearable Tech, From the Casino to the Consumer Mashable From activity-tracking fitness bands to Google Glass and Oculus Rift, big names are getting involved in the once-niche technology — and they’re ..
- Phones 4u opens 10 UK concept stores to test the waters on selling smart and wearable tech The Drum Scott Hooton, chief marketing officer at Phones4U explained that that the success of the wearable and smart tech category is “dependent on retailers .
- Bits | Some Predictions About the Internet of Things and Wearable Tech From Pew Research New York Times (blog) Remember the prediction that one day your oven would be connected to the Internet and have the ability to talk to your car? In this world, when you left …