We did a post several years ago on whether you should hire an eyecare consultant. Whether or not you want a consultant, there is a ton of FREE Practice Management tips on the internet, targeted specifically for eyecare professionals. We put together a list of practice management resources (mostly free) from various sources. This list does not include trade magazines, contact lens suppliers all which are great resources.
- MBA – Management and Business Academy for Eye Care Professionals (FREE)
- Fast OD– Gary Gerber, Justin Bazin, Jennifer Stewart, O.D. Casey Hedberg
- Practice Principles-Written by John Marvin
- Red Tray-Jerry Hayes Blog with Practice Management Tips
- OptiBoard– Forum based blog for opticians. Free to join, jobs, speakers, forums, dispensing tips and classifieds.
- The Optom– Forum based site in the UK , free to join.
- ODWire – Forums and classified ads. Must be an optical professional.
- The Optical Vision Site– Sales and marketing information, industry trends, social media updates (Shameless Plug for Us)
- Laramy K Forum– Sponsored by Laramy K (Lab) offers everything from education to business development.
- AOA Connect– American Optometric Association new forum for optometric professionals- AOAExcel (Business and career) and ExcelOD.com, practice management.
- Optical MVP– I don’t really know what this site is all about, has blogs, has jobs, has a little of everything but it is not updated.
- http://ophthalworld.com/- Ophthalmology, forum
- Optom- Walt Mayo blog, with industry updates, trends..
- EyeDoc News (Ophthalmologist)
- Luxury Eyewear Forum (Private Forum)
- OD’s On Facebook
- Midwest Optical Professionals
- California-Nevada And Hawaii Optical Professionals
- Gulf Coast Optical Professionals
- Northwest Optical Professionals
- The Optical Hangout
Vision Therapy Blogs
- Vision Help
- Mainos Memos– Vision Therapy, 3D by Dominick Maino- latest information about children’s vision, vision problems of those with disability (including TBI), strabismus/amblyopia and vision therapy.
- COVD– College of Vision Development
- SOVOTO– Website with forum for Vision Therapy.
Buy And Sell Equipment– Your local state or city organization probably has this as well.
- OptiForum– Forum for buying and selling optical equipment, ge.neral discussion, lab technicans and more
Billing And Coding
Eyecare Consultants With Blogs
- Al Cleinman‘s Blog
- Eyecare Marketing Information- Jeff Lewis OD- Online marketing via email, advertising, blogs and online
- Gale Stoner
- Grand Rounds OD’s
- Karlsrud Company – Selling, Teaming, Leadership
- New Media OD– Written by Steve Vargo OD, an optometrist in Chicago. Writes about Digital, social media.
- OD Stats- Online Stats for Optometrist. $19.95/month
- Rollins Consulting Blog
- Silkin Management Group
- Donna Suter Consulting – No blog, but good articles
- The Visionaries Group–
- Vision Practice Management– John L. Brinkley, O.D and David Sanders,
- Waugoo Consulting Group
- Consulting With Vision; Ally Stoeger
- OD Conversations
- International Optometry Podcast