We love it when you can reuse merchandising materials. World Tennis Day is taking place March 6, 2017. A display such as this can be used several times per year. Wimbleton in 2017 is June 27 to Sunday July 10, National Youth Sports Safety Month (April) Sports Eye Safety Month (September) Eye Safety Month (October), The top Tennis window was done to celebrate Wimbleton in 2014.
Use tennis racquets to hand eyewear and accessories on.
- The sports responsible for the greatest number of injuries are baseball, ice hockey, and racquet sports. (That includes Tennis)
- 1.6 to 2.4 million Americans who sustain eye injuries each year, an estimated 40,000 will be legally blinded in the injured eye. About one-third of these injuries result from sports.2
- More than 100,000 eye injuries in the United States each year are estimated to be sports- related.3
- Sports-related eye injuries in the United States account for more than 100,000 physician visits yearly at a cost of $175 million
- High risk of eye injury: air rifle, BB gun, baseball, basketball, boxing, cricket, fencing, hockey, lacrosse, full-contact martial arts, paintball, racquetball, softball, squash. o Moderate risk of eye injury: badminton, fishing, football, golf, soccer, tennis, volleyball. (Source Louisianaeyemds.org)
- Low risk of eye injury: bicycling, diving, non-contact martial arts, skiing (snow and water), swimming, wrestling.
- Eye safe: track & field, gymnastics