National Cherry Day is July 16 and this could be a great opportunity to engage your patients. First start with your Wellness Marketing and share the eye healthy benefits of Cherries. You can have a share your favorite Cherry Recipes on Facebook and Instagram. Have A Cherry Pie Day in your office, inviting patients in to ‘test’ your Cherry Pie recipes. Maybe even a Trunk Show scheduled around Cherries and celebrating the wonders of the Cherry.
Eye Boggling Eye Healthy Facts About Cherries:
- Cherries are known as a “super-fruit” and filled with antioxidants called anthocyanins, aiding in the reduction of heart disease and cancer. Anthocyanins, also reduce inflammation and symptoms of arthritis and gout.
- Cherries contain melatonin (antioxidant) that helps regulate heart rhythms and helps us to sleep.
- Cherries contain 19x more beta carotene (vitamin A) than blueberries and strawberries.
- Cherries are rich in vitamins C, E, potassium, magnesium, iron, folate and fiber.
- Cherries are known as “brain food”, helping with memory loss and overall brain health.
- Cherries reduces the risk of diabetes.
- Cherries are a good source of fiber.
- Cherries can be used as a low calorie snack or dessert choice
- Cherries may reduce pain and joint soreness due to anti-inflammatory benefits,
Merchandising For National Cherry Day
- Fill bowls around the office with cherries instead of Candy. By each bowl, put a tidbit of the benefits of Cherries.
- Decorate with Red around the office and the below display is simple yet effective.
Consider a fun ‘remake your sunglasses’ contest, with cherry accents.
Any other ideas?
If you missed National Cherry Day, here are the other Cherry Holidays: National Cherry Pie Day is Feb 20, National Cherry Turnover Day is Aug 28, National Cherry Popsicle Day (August 26) National Cherry Cheesecake Day (April 23), Nation Cherry Cobbler Day (May 17)