International Carrot Day is April 4th. The age old advice about eating carrots to save your eyesight is true. Carrots have the highest level of beta carotene which is known to help in eyesight.
- Carrots were originally grown for medicine.People were using wild carrots to help in childbirth.
- During WWII, carrots were promoted as the crop to make up for war time shortages.
- Carrots are not always orange and can also be found in purple, white, red or yellow
- Men in Teheran in the 1870’s took carrots stewed in sugar as an aphrodisiac to increase the quality and quantity of sperm.
- Hippocrates recommended women eat carrot seeds to prevent pregnancy.
- Carrots were formerly given as a specific for preserving and restoring the wind of horse in Suffolk, UK
- The longest carrot ever recorded was nearly 17 feet long.
- One cup of raw carrots is 52 calories.
What kind of events can you have?
- Dress in orange, purple, white, red or yellow for the day or party,
- Post Carrot Trivia on your Social Media platforms.
- Have a Carrot recipe contest and post on social media.
- Have a Carrot Lunch.. carrot salad, carrot cake..
- Have A Carrot ‘Food Decor Contest’
Make sure to decorate with carrots.. we love this window display..