Research shows there is a direct correlations between productivity and clutter. The more clutter, the more chaos, the less productivity and profits. The National Association of Professional Organization states that paper clutter is the No. 1 problem for most businesses.
- The average person wastes 4.3 hours per week searching for papers
- The average executive loses 1 hour of productivity per day searching for missing information.
- Studies show that 75% or more of all physician visits are stress-related.
The above adds stress and frustration to the workplace while reducing concentration and creative thinking. Plus the addition burden of the inability to provide customer service, increase sales and improve the bottom line due to mishandled paperwork.
- Americans use 20% of their stuff 80% of the time
- Cleaning professionals say that getting rid of excess clutter would eliminate 40% of the housework in an average home.
- 7 out of 10 Americans live in cluttered homes. We have allowed our stuff to take over our lives
- If you rent a storage facility to store your excess belongings, you’re contributing to a $154 billion industry –
- 1 in 11 American households rents a self-storage space and they spend over $1000 a year in rent.
Did you know you can now take a test called the ‘Clutter Hoarding Scale’. The Test is from the National Study Group on Chronic Disorganization.
If you go on their site they have tons of FREE Stuff to find out how to communicate with the chronically disorganized, time management for the Chronically disorganized and alot more.