July is the annual Comic Con Convention in San Diego (July 23, 2014).. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 130,000 people attended Comic Con in 2013. Not to be outdone, New York has it’s own Comic Con and it’s attendance is close to San Diego’s. Why not celebrate this massive event by having a little Comic Fun with your window and eyewear displays.
If you’ve never heard of Comic Con: Comic-Con International: San Diego is a nonprofit educational corporation dedicated to creating awareness of, and appreciation for, comics and related popular artforms, primarily through the presentation of conventions and events that celebrate the historic and ongoing contribution of comics to art and culture. –
- There are approximately 3000 Comic Book Stores in the USA.
- In February, 2014 self-identified comic fans in Facebook grew to a new high of over 24 million fans in the United States. Of that 24 million, women account for 46.67% of that population.
- The most expensive Comic Book Sold was Action Comics 1 (June 1938) for $2.89 Million
- X-Men was the best selling comic book in 2013
What you need? Some action figures, Spiderman, Superman and a bunch of comic books. Display together with a sign:
- Our customers are all Super Heroes
- We can guarantee X-Ray Vision, but we can help you see better.
How To Market:
- Have a Super Hero Trunk Show
- Ask Questions on Facebook: Who’s your favorite comic book Character, post comic trivia.. ask patients if they are attending.
- Ask Super Hero Trivia questions on Facebook.
Any other suggestions?