We in San Diego are coming into Horse Racing Season, which got me to thinking about Horse Eyewear and sports activities around horses. Polo, horse racing, barrel racing (rodeos) and dressage to name a few. Add in agriculture, entertainment, recreation, police and general business, it is a pretty big business. In fact a $39 Billion business.
Whether you are into horses or not, some of your patients are, so why not have a Eyewear Equine Event for fun? You could even have a fundraiser to support organizations like Save The Horses. There are quite a few Horse Saving organizations, google saving horses. Combine with a local tack shop, racing venue or even a western dress store. Have a fun patient engagement by DEYE-Y hats or even eyewear, have a raffle.. Could be fun.
Eye Bogglers (Source: Horse Council)
- There are 9.2 million horses in the United States.
- 4.6 million Americans are involved in the industry as horse owners, service providers, employees and volunteers. Tens of millions more participate as spectators.
- 2 million people own horses.
- The industry has a $102 billion impact on the U.S.economy when the multiplier effect of spending by industry suppliers and employees is taken into account. Including off-site spending of spectators would result in an even higher figure.
- The industry directly provides 460,000 full-time equivalent (FTE) jobs.
- Spending by suppliers and employees generates additional jobs for a total employment impact of 1.4 million FTE jobs.
- The horse industry pays $1.9 billion in taxes to all levels of government.
- Approximately 34% of horse owners have a household income of less than $50,000 and 28% have an annual income of over $100,000. 46% of horse owners have an income of between $25,000 to $75,000.
- Over 70% of horse owners live in communities of 50,000 or less.
- There are horses in every state. Forty-five states have at least 20,000 horses each.
On opening day, of course the hats are nothing like the Kentucky Derby. For fun Horse Hats and Eyewear check out This Week Kentucky Derby Hats
From Kroops Eyewear: The temple bars are styled after the muscular legs of a thoroughbred. Made from a two-tone, brown / green acetate with a diamond jockey silks pattern etched on the inside. A Signature hinge decor and horseshoe tips adorn each temple
In case you don’t like horses but love unicorns- just a little unicorn fashion statement!
Safety Eyewear Available from