You may have put on a shopping cart or are thinking of putting on a shopping cart on your optical website. Perhaps after investigating you are realizing the some of the problems.. such as abandoned Shopping Carts. A lot of work with little returns. Studies say that 67% of people abandon their shopping carts before the purchase… Forrester Research, estimates the total of annual abandoned shopping cart revenue will reach $31 Billion dollars.
Eye Bogglers via CPC Strategey
- 67.89% of shoppers abandon shopping carts (avg)
- The average online conversion rate for retailers is only 3%
- 90% of leads go cold after an hour
- Abandoners spend 55% more when re-marketed
- 71% of the organic site traffic comes from Google
- 73% of online shoppers noted unconditional free shipping as “critical” to a purchase
- 93% of online buyers are encouraged to buy more products if free shipping is included
- 62% of online shoppers think it’s important for an e-commerce website to have sections for specially priced items
- 2 out of 3 shoppers said they would buy more online if returns were free.
- Return site visitors account for 12% of traffic
- 29% of site visitors return in the first 4 weeks following their initial visit
People leave for a variety of reasons:
A new study by Bronto and Demandware states that retailers are not successfully rescuing abandoned carts:
- 15% Retailers send one product pages abandonment reminders
- 72% Retailers do no reference the abandoned products in reminder emails
- 33% of product pages reminders did not include a photos of the abandoned product or a direct links to purchase it.
- 78% of product page reminders did not include a customer service contact info, store details or ways to complete the sale .
Interesting statistics, it goes to show you that
- Online retail has it problems with lookie-lous just as you do to. In fact, the statistics seem to favor brick and mortar locations.
- The consumer is asking for more and more ‘freebies’ such as free shipping and returns.
- Online retailing is dependent upon Google search and like you had to pay $$$ to get on page one.
- Re-marketing is like Recall.. it must be done.
- Special priced items are important to 62%.. just like special priced items or important to brick and mortar retailers.
- 13 Amazing Abandoned Card Emails and What You Can Do
- Shopping Cart Abandonment: Why It Happens & How To Recover
- How to set up Google Analytics to Track Shopping Cart Abandonment.
- 5 Shopping Cart Abandonment Case Studies
E-commerce For Optical Stores