The New Year always brings a renewed commitment to being our best. Exercise more…eat healthier…study a foreign language…learn to ski. How about this year we add some patient-focused goals to our list?
- Spend 5 minutes on lifestyle with every patient. Ask the questions that lead to better matching of frames lenses, coatings and care. Example? Ask about sports and work environments. Fogged eyewear may pose a safety risk for workers, athletes and others. Recommend Clarity Defog It anti fog with confidence.
- Regular mini-makeovers for the store. New displays? Rotate out old inventory? Refresh the accessory display? Displays of lens care around the store?
- Connect for customer loyalty. Regular follow-up calls and appointment reminders can make all the difference. And maybe start an email patient education program.
- Measure twice, fit once. Maximum care means maximum customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate proper lens care at every fitting. A high number of lens remakes are due to improper care. Help customers protect and enjoy their new eyewear.
- Create eyeglass packages. Include a warranty, lens care products and a deluxe case. It’s a high-value way for patients to get complete vision protection.
- Take career-building continuing education courses. It’s a smart move – whether they’re required or not.
- Volunteer your expertise. Do vision screenings at a school, women’s shelter or other charity. Contact Prevent Blindness America for ideas.