It is a short time between New Years and Valentines Day.. so pull up your temples and start the process… you may be a Valentine
Grinch, but check some of the below numbers and why shouldn’t they be spending some of those billions of Dollars with eyecare professionals?
Eye Bogglers (Source)
- $130.97 — The per person average estimated amount that people will spend on Valentine’s Day.
- $18.6 billion — The total spending that will be reached by Valentine’s Day
- $1.6 billion — The amount people will spend on candy.
- $1.9 billion — The amount people will spend on flowers.
- $4.4 billion — The amount people will spend on diamonds, gold and silver.
- 40.7% — The percentage of people who will use their Smartphone to purchase Valentine’s gifts.
- 6 million — The number of people who expect or are planning a marriage proposal.
- 151 million — The approximate number of cards that are exchanged on Valentine’s Day.
10 Marketing Tips For Valentines Day
- Decorate, Decorate and Decorate some more. Consider doing little display; Valentines Day for My Teacher, Valentines Day for my Aunt, Valentines Day for My Mom..
- Order in Red and Pink, Eyewear and Accessories.
- Order and place Gift Cards predominately by Accessories and Sunwear.
- Consider having a Valentine Day Trunk Show before the event.
- Have an Eye Love My Patients Day.. be sure to email Happy Valentines Day to all patients.
- Have staff wear Eye Heart Valentines Day T-shirts.. How cute would that be!
- Have Staff wear pink and red clothing and eyewear on Valentines Day.
- Offer Valentines Day cookies and or chocolate.
- Have a Valentine Day Raffle. Make up a Spa Package and have patients put names (and email) in big box. Announce winner on Valentines Day.
- Consider offering Free Valentines Day Gift with Eye Exam on Valentines Day.
10 Social Media Marketing Tips For Valentines Day
- Ask Married Couple to post on Facebook, their secret to a long marriage.
- Have a Valentine Day Trivia Contest on Facebook.
- Have an Eye Boggler contest- how may names can you get out of Valentine.. (minimum of 3 letters) Lent, Tine, live,
- Have patients share their favorite Valentine Day Story on Facebook. Or How we met story.
- Have patients post pictures of themselves in Heart Shaped Glasses. You can even carry them to make it easier.
- Question and Answer: What is your most romantic song? What is your most romantic evening? Where is your ideal place to celebrate Valentine Day
- Have patients post their favorite ‘Love’ tattoos on Facebook.
- Like ‘us’ on Facebook for a chance to win a Romantic Evening
- Other ideas here on on Valentines Day online around the World