Many years ago we did a post on Bridal Gift Registries.. well did you know what… February is National Wedding Month.. so
along with Valentines Day and the expected 6 million proposals.. this is an opportunity for eyecare professionals to promote Bridal Eyewear and Accessories. Brides spend up to 1 years planning their wedding and June is the #1 month to get married with August and October falling closely.
Think about this.. Many wedding are held outdoors, opportunity for Fashion Sunglasses. Brides and Grooms give gifts to their bridesmaids and groomsmen. (Opportunity for gift certificates and sunglasses. ) Many weddings now give party favors (opportunity for eyewear accessories) Add in the Announcement party and the wedding showers and eyecare professionals have a slew.. of opportunities…. for the ultimate I DO..
- 2.3 million couples wed every year in the US. That breaks down to nearly 6,200 weddings a day
- Average age of a bride in the US is 25.3
- Average age of a groom is 26.9
- Average number of guests invited to a wedding is 178
- One-third of those getting married each year have been married before.
Show Me the Money
- $72 billion per year is spent on weddings
- Average wedding budget is $20,000
- $1,016 is the average cost of wedding rings for the bride and groom.
- $19 billion per year is spent on wedding gift registries
- $8 billion per year is spent on honeymoons
- Average honeymoon budget is $3,657
- Over 91 percent of all to-be-weds register for gifts. The couple receives gifts from an average of 200 guests
- Most wedding guests spend between $70 and $100 on a gift
10 Ways To Market
- Set aside a special area (could be by the Valentine Day) for an ‘I DO’ corner. ‘
- Decorate with Bridal accessories and remember the GIFT Cards
- Make a list of suggested Bridal Gift and Party Favors and Make up a nice sign. Registrar here for Weddings.
- Put it on Facebook and other Social Media. Have a Wedding Album. on your Facebook Page.
- Contact all local Bridal shops and Gift shops in your area and leave a card.
- Have a Wedding Shower Trunk In your office and invite all engaged couples (can be his and her)
- Post pictures of Wedding gowns with your eyewear-sunglasses on Facebook or your blog.
- Ask question on Facebook, tell us your funniest wedding story, what is your favorite wedding cake, where did you get married. (This can be after Valentines Day)
- Contact local Wedding Planners to let them know, how much an eyecare professional can offer to brides and grooms.
- Contact local bakeries and let them know that a fun pair of sunglasses might just be a better option as a wedding cate topper (That would be funny)
Can you think of anything else?